Sampe Europe Students Seminar
- Introduce students studying in the fields of Materials and Process Science or Engineering to SAMPE
- Develop a future generation of SAMPE members
- Create the nucleus of a future M&P network in Europe
Initiated by Rob Schliekelmann in 1986. Invite university students on the expense of SAMPE. Based on good results of European Conference in 1985. Since 1985 every year a SAMPE Europe Students Seminar is organized. Over the years more than 500 students participated.
- Offer students the opportunity to become acquainted with the work of their colleagues in other European countries.
- The SAMPE Students Seminar held in conjunction with the SAMPE Europe International Conference is an excellent opportunity to show the students the SAMPE network.
- The students program is organized in such a way that a coherent student group is formed during the conference week.
- Students offer assistance in main SAMPE Europe Conference, and show posters of their work during the Conference.
Students are selected from European countries by the local SAMPE Chapters or Clubs, and increasingly by local student’s seminars.
- Excellent students in material and process science and engineering
- MSc students in their final year (at moment of selection)
- PhD students in the middle of their project
THE SAMPE EUROPE STUDENTS GRANT provides recipient with travel expenses, board and lodging as well as participation fee for the International SAMPE Europe Conference.
Schliekelmann Award: Best student selected to participate in University Student Symposium during CAMX Conference and Exhibition, USA. Second student selected to participate to the SAMPE University Leadership Experience during the SAMPE North America Conference and Exhibition.
35nd INTERNATIONAL SAMPE EUROPE STUDENTS SEMINAR
The next European Students Seminar will take place September 2020 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The Seminar as such is on invitation only. Posters of the presentations given by participants of the Students Seminar are shown at the Sampe Europe Conference. Students who like to attend this conference are more than welcome. See this page for the upcoming conference.
34ND INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS SEMINAR, NAntes 2019
Chris Hunt (PHD) and Yannick Buser (MS) are the winners of the 34th Students Seminar 2019.
Chris Hunt, a Bristol Composites Institute PhD student, won the 34th SAMPE Students Seminar. Chris’s presentation on his research into the mechanics of WrapToR composite truss structures was very well-received by the judges, allowing him to see off six competitors from prestigious universities in France, Germany, Belgium, Spain, and the UK. Yannick Buser, won with his master thesis research on the in-process flow behavior of LFTs."
33ND INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS SEMINAR, SOUTHAMPTON 2018
French PhD. Student Paul VAN DER SYPT has won the competition on all fronts: Poster, Attitude and above all his Presentation and has been proclaimed European Champion 2018.
Swiss Alice LAMARO from ETH Zürich was the best Master student.
32ND INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS SEMINAR, STUTTGART 2017
Award Winners 2017 Students Seminar Stuttgart - Germany
Schliekelmann Award, PhD student winner:Saber Chelaghma, IRT Saint Exupéry, France
Crystallization Kinetic Modeling Of Multifunctional Thermoplastic Composites… First Step Towards Mechanical And Electrical Optimization
Student Leadership Award: Master student winner :Jim Gilbert, KU Leuven, Belgium
Simulation Of Thermoset Polymer Composite Curing
Sarianna Palola, Tampere University of Technology, Finland An approach to modify and evaluate interfacial adhesion of aramid fiber bundles and rubber matrix
Student Leadership Award
Erik Krämer, University of Twente, Enschede, Netherlands Shape distortions in overmolded thermoplastic stamp formed composites
Arthur Babeau, École Centrale de Nantes, France Modeling of Thermoplastic Composites Pultrusion