Ladies Team wins Bridge Contest SAMPE France 2019
Published on: Monday 2 December 2019
The Ladies Team of IUT St. Nazaire was the great winner of the 11th SAMPE France Bridge Contest 2019. Conductor Pierre Magnin handed over the impressive trophy to the proud team. It was for the first time that an “all ladies team“ was participating and won!
The winning team from left to right: Aurore LERAY, Rachel LOIRAT, Inès ADDI and Elysa LEGOFF.
The Overall Winner
The Overall Winner is the team that designs and produces a scale model of the bridge with the best performance in a destruction test of all the respective scale models.
The presentation, prize ceremony and the final destruction tests took place on stage during the SAMPE France 2019 Technical Days held on 28 and 29 November in Nantes with 350 participants from the top innovative French companies.
The bridge was made from carbon fibers and epoxy resin supplied by SAMPE France. A very simple architecture: compression bars and yarns under tension. The bat wings and the deck of the bridge complete the structure.
The ladies are undergraduate students involved in Physics Measurements training. They really did well in terms of accuracy for all the practical duties in this project. They will never forget it!
The winning bridge - presented and tested on stage – had a weight of only 333 grs. and could stand 122 N/grs before it collapsed. This represents more than 4 tons.
Special Jury Prize
The Special Jury Prize was awarded to IUT Le Havre. The Jury chooses the winning team of this trophy taking into account 3 criteria concerning design, production and concept.
This year 9 teams of 7 universities battled for the Overall winner or the Jury prize.
Other news items 2019
- 03-12-2019 | SAMPE Europe - Summit Conference Paris 2020
- 02-12-2019 | Ladies Team wins Bridge Contest SAMPE France 2019
- 17-10-2019 | SAMPE Europe Conference 2020 Amsterdam
- 16-10-2019 | SUTEC 2019 Sampe Ukraine Club 9th Technical Conference
- 10-10-2019 | SAMPE Fellow Award to Urs Meier
- 22-09-2019 | International students seminar Nantes
- 20-09-2019 | Poster Winner Nantes 2019
- 13-05-2019 | Conference 2019 Nantes - REGISTER NOW!
- 11-03-2019 | Call for Papers - Conference 2019 Nantes
- 12-02-2019 | SAMPE Europe - Summit Conference Paris 2019