AUTOMOTIVE SPECIAL in the Beaulieu National Motor Museum
Published on: Monday 4 June 2018
AUTOMOTIVE SPECIAL & 6 PLANT VISITS SE Conference 2018 SOUTHAMPTON
A showcase of UK Composite in Automotive organized by Antony Dodworth.
Invited talks in the lecture theatre a.o.:
- Peter McCool talking about F1
- Gordon Murray talking about the Maclaren F1 Road car
Guided tours of the museum by Peter McCool, Gordon Murray, Adrian Newey, Antony Dodworth and George Ray.
Automotive is not your cup of tea. ……?
Don’t worry, a nice variety of excursions to carefully selected destinations is the challenging alternative.
6 PLANT VISITS, make your choice!
Formaplex: Specialising in tooling and component design and manufacture, Formaplex has been supporting the composites sector for nearly 20 years. With a long history of supporting challenging projects, as well as delivering automotive and aerospace components directly into the supply chain.
Sunseeker: As the largest privately owned shipyard in the world, Sunseeker specialises in design and manufacture of luxury motor yachts using composite materials. In recent years, Sunseeker has developed and adopted a number of advanced composite processes, ensuring their yachts remain at the forefront of technical excellence.
GE Aerostructures (Hamble): Part of the GE Aviation business, which has designed and delivered innovative aircraft engines utilising advanced composites technologies, GE Aerostructures (Hamble) has built a reputation as a leading tier 1 and 2 supplier to the aerospace sector, with a major focus upon integrated and complex composite structures.
Ben Ainslie Racing (Jaguar Land Rover BAR): As one of the world's most successful Olympic sailors, Ben Ainslie has been leading the BAR team in their efforts to recapture the America's Cup. This race series is at the cutting edge for technology in sailing and is made possible by the innovative use of advanced materials and processing.
MouldCam: A large scale tooling and component manufacturer, MouldCam specialises in the design and construction of tooling for the composites industry. The business has a long established history of supporting the marine and the renewable sectors in particular, with master models, tools and components.
RNLI College: The headquarters for the Royal National Lifeboat Institute. The centre of excellence for training and development for all volunteer crew and lifeguards are trained. The site is also the all weather lifeboat centre, where the manufacture and refit of the Shannon class of vessel is taken care of.
Participation Costs FREE when registering for the Conference.
Other news items 2018
- 17-12-2018 | SAMPE Europe - Summit Conference Paris 2019
- 20-11-2018 | SUTEC 2018 Sampe Ukraine Club 8th Technical Conference
- 28-09-2018 | Call for Papers - Conference 2019 Nantes
- 27-09-2018 | Winners 33rd International Sampe Europe Students Seminar
- 25-09-2018 | SAMPE Europe Technical Conference-Southampton 2018 succesfull
- 06-06-2018 | BOOK NOW: September 2018, SOUTHAMPTON
- 05-06-2018 | 3 High Level Tutorials by Top Notch Specialists!
- 04-06-2018 | AUTOMOTIVE SPECIAL in the Beaulieu National Motor Museum
- 02-03-2018 | Call for Papers - Conference 2018 Southampton