SE Conference 20 Amsterdam
Location: Beurs van Berlage - Amsterdam, Netherlands
Date: 30th September - 1st October 2020
- Save the date: add to your Calender (.ICS-file: download and open)
- Save the date: add to your Google Calender
The conference program also will include:
• 35th Sampe Europe Students Seminar
• Benelux Master Students Session
• Exhibition of sponsors and Table Tops
• Dutch Composite Fieldlabs Pavilion
• Composite Research & Education Pavilion
• CompositesNL Pavilion
• Elevator pitches for Industrial Innovations
The Future Composite Footprint
Pre-conference Tutorial Amsterdam 2020
In this tutorial, an overview of the state of the art, latest developments and the future on automation in composites production will be covered. The tutorial will be given jointly by NLR and DLR. It will contain lectures on automation of both thermoset composites & thermoplastic composites manufacturing. First, a general overview on automation for these processes and state-of-the-art techniques and tools will be given. That will then be complemented with case studies. The lectures will also cover relevant costing, software developments, sensors developments, internet of things.
After this tutorial, you will understand the potential of automation in composites manufacturing and where to start with automation.
In the tutorial on thermoplastic composites, we will focus on thermoplastic material development, discussion on the different processing methods with thermoplastic materials and showcases. After a general introduction on thermoplastic material, the current material development trends will be discussed. Then an overview of several of the possible processing technologies will be given, after which the potential joining methods for structural applications will be discussed in more detail. The current development on process technologies and joining techniques will also be covered and showcases will be discussed in detail.
Finally, an outlook towards the future will be presented.
Tuesday 29 September
10.00 2 Tutorials on Thermoplastics and Automation
17.00 Welcome Cocktail & Pre-Registration
Wednesday 30 September
09.00 Plenary Opening + 4 Parallel Sessions
14.00 Winners 35th Students Seminar
15.00 3 Parallel Sessions and Special Session Teijin in the Stedelijk Museum
20.00 Cocktail & Conference Dinner
Thursday 1 October
09.00 4 Parallel Sessions
14.00 4 Parallel Sessions
Friday 2 October
08.30 Composite related Plant visits to DTC, GKN Fokker, NLR, SAM|XL/TU Delft, TCY
14.30 Back in Amsterdam
Conference Fees (both live and virtual)
• Professional / Associate Members Badge € 750
• Non-Member Professional / Associate Badge € 875*
• Student Members Badge € 350
• Non-Member Student Badge € 400*
* Free membership SAMPE until 31 December 2021 included
Authors Special Rate
• Professional Authors / Co-Authors Badge € 600
• Master and PhD Student Authors / Co-Authors Badge € 300
All prices are incl. 21% VAT.
See you in Amsterdam!